torsdag 5. februar 2015

..: Feeling blessed - about not beeing an monogamous knitter :..


Well, this is always a hot topic. And I wanted to share with you how I feel about it.
First of all I will say that YES - I get a bit stressed having many projects ongoing at a time...BUT it's a rare feeling I have about knitting. If I feel stressed about it, it's just because I am not in love with some of the projects anymore...
So, look at this bowl...look at the colours....and yes it's a chocolate there as well :) Tell you more about that later ;)
I have two more project ongoing than this, but these are the ones I constantly is knitting on at the moment. The grey one is Ascalon shawl - that I am having a KAL with - it's beautiful! Yes, it takes it's time - but is soooo totally worth it! The yellow is a pinstripeskirt from pickles, and the purple is a Lilac Wish Lace Shawl. I love them all. And yes, of course I could knit one of them at a time....but for me...not so much fun.

I actually need more projects to keep my love for knitting I think. I need som easy knitting for days that my head is all fuzzed up....I need just a beautiful knit when I just want to knit all the beautiful things...and I need challenging knits when I feel up for that. And I also have some socks on my needles, because I just need socks on my needles - *laugh*.
Well, I feel blessed, because I am surrounded by fellow knitters that I am able to get to know, both in real life and through internet. And knit together with. And I am surrounded by all this great fiber, pattern and yarn.....smell it and feel it. It makes me happy!
And yes, I am the big no monogamous knitter - and I am proud of it! :)
And I do knit a lot, it keeps me sane. And is my therapy.

This evening I will knit on these three things, eat the chocolate (because I decided to spoil myself today), and together with that I will watch podcast (mandarines), drink tea and watch some tv-series (currently I am watching "necessary roughness".

So, the feelings I have had before - feeling guilty having so much projects ongoing - no more - I am only feeling blessed to be able to be spontanious and not-monogam.

Happy knitting ya all!

5 kommentarer:

  1. Jeg er nok heller ingen monogam strikker, for å si det sånn ;) Jeg syns også det er kjekt å ha flere prosjekter samtidig. Riktignok ikke for mange, for da blir man liksom aldri ferdig med noe. Og det føles jo ikke særlig motiverende... Men det er kjekt å ha et enkelt strikketøy som se-på-TV-strikketøy, noe litt vanskeligere som jeg kan bryne meg på ellers osv. Så ja, jeg kjenner meg absolutt igjen i beskrivelsen din :)

    God helg!

    SvarSlett
  2. Jag känner igen mig, jag gör likadant som du vet och det är härligt! Stor kram!

    SvarSlett
  3. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av en bloggadministrator.

    SvarSlett
  4. I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all previous efforts.

    SvarSlett
  5. Bitcoin nasıl alınır sorusunu soranlar, kripto para yatırımlarında başarı için yatırım yapacakları kripto paraların gizlilik ve kullanıcı verilerini koruma politikalarını kontrol etmelidir. Bitcoin nasıl alınır öğrenmek isteyenler, kripto para borsalarında gerçekleştirilen işlemler için yatırım yapacakları kripto paraların benzer projelerle işbirliği ve ortaklık yapma potansiyelini değerlendirmelidir.

    SvarSlett